Intro to Scuba Lesson
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? Then here is your chance to give scuba a try in a fun, no-pressure setting. In the SSI Try Scuba course, we will let you try scuba to see if you like it without taking the big plunge! Gulf Coast Scuba has you covered!
What You Learn
There is nothing like breathing underwater for the very first time. It takes a little getting used to but after a few minutes, you will realize how easy scuba diving really is.
In our Try Scuba Diving course, you will:
Experience what wearing scuba equipment feels like and how easy it is to move around underwater while wearing it.
Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater.
Learn basic skills and safety rules that will carry over to your full scuba certification course.
When It’s Offered
- Reservations are required and the schedule varies.
- This class is offered at a local outdoor private pool.
What’s Included in the Course Fee
Our course fee includes the following:
- Basic scuba gear: BCD, Regulator Set, Scuba Tank, and Weights
- Try Scuba is a recognition program only.
What You Need to Bring:
- Basic snorkel gear: mask, fins, snorkel, and boots if you have open heal fins. You might also want to bring a wetsuit if you get cold easily. Snorkel gear is available at
Get prepared for class: Register with SSI using THIS LINK. Download the MySSI AP to your phone or tables [Andriod/iPhone links]. You can also log in after you register to divessi.com. Please go to “Programs & Cards”, select “Programs” and then select “Try Scuba”. Please complete the online course before you come to the pool. If you need to answer “Yes” to any questions on your Medical Statement , you must have written approval from your doctor to participate in this course.